Alternate Title:
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
The most heartfelt, beautiful, amazing single achievement of humanity.
Jean-Pierre Jeunet
MPAA Rating:
I am sure 90% of the people reading this have seen Amélie, and the other 10% are wondering how in the heck they ended up on this site. This movie has been on my list of to-see for quite some time but I had never gotten around to it. In fact, the only reason I caught this gem is that I was trapped in Watertown and saw it on Voom World Cinema. Quite honestly, it blew away all my expectations. The movie was entertainment, and yet? it was so much more then that. The movie, to me at least, represented life. It had everything in life, be it death, sadness, happiness, sex, everything, and yet did it in such a way that leaves you feeling much better off for watching. For anyone who has not seen it, it is a movie about a very oddball, quiet, almost living though the lives of others, girl who works in a café and has consciously decided to improve the lives of those around her. She finds love in the processes and enriches many people's lives. The only part I did not care for out of the entire film were some computer-animated sequences, though tasteful felt out of place. It is not a huge complaint though, and did not detract from the film unlike some movies I could name. (Cough: lost in space ... rubber space monkey) I would have to say overall Amélie is one of the best movies I have ever seen, though it really becomes hard to judge best. It is definitely the most uplifting film I have ever seen though. It gives me faith in humanity.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.